Home » Services » U.S. Tax compliance obligations and tax residency status

Get help determining your U.S. tax obligations.

Tax obligations can arise due to tax residency. There are a number of reasons you may be considered a tax resident of the U.S., such as having U.S. citizenship, permanent resident status (i.e. having a green card) or by spending a certain number of days in the U.S. As well, the provisions of a tax treaty can impact your U.S. residency status.

If you’re unsure of your U.S. tax obligations, we can help you determine:

  • If you are a tax resident or non-resident
  • The date on which your residency status changed
  • If you need to file a tax return or pay income taxes to the U.S.

You can also have tax obligations in the U.S. if you are a non-resident. If you have income from the U.S., you will generally be subject to U.S. tax on that income. That tax may need to be withheld by the payor or you may need to file a tax return to pay the tax. We can help you to file the right paperwork and pay the appropriate amount of tax.

We specialize in cross-border taxes. If you need help navigating your U.S. tax obligations, let’s talk.