Home » Services » U.S. federal and state tax compliance – tax returns, disclosure forms and FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR)

Get professional help preparing U.S. income tax returns and forms.

Individuals may have to file U.S. income tax returns for any of the following reasons:

  • U.S. tax residency due to U.S. citizenship, permanent resident status (having a green card) or living in the U.S.
  • U.S. employment income (Form W-2) or employment income taxable in the U.S. due to employment services performed in the U.S.
  • U.S. business income
  • U.S. rental income
  • Sale of U.S. real estate
  • Filing to correct the rate of U.S. tax withholding
  • Filing to claim tax treaty benefits with respect to U.S. tax residency (i.e. claiming to be a non-resident per the provisions of a U.S. tax treaty)

We can prepare the following U.S. federal income, gift and estate tax returns for individuals, trusts and estates: Forms 1040, 1040NR, 1041, 706, and 709. We can also prepare the state equivalents to these federal forms. We’re currently unable to prepare U.S. corporate tax returns due to the complexity of the U.S. federal and state corporate tax system.

Non-U.S. assets can complicate the tax returns of U.S. taxpayers in two ways. First, they must report the income received from those foreign assets on their tax return. Second, they may have to file disclosure forms about those assets. As cross-border tax specialists, we have extensive experience with the common U.S. disclosure forms: Forms 3520, 3520-A, 5471, 8858, 8938. We provide a range of services related to these obligations — such as foreign exchange conversion of income and capital amounts, cost basis tracking in U.S. dollars, summarizing values to be reported on the disclosure forms and disclosure form preparation.

A U.S. person that has a financial interest in or signature authority over foreign financial accounts must file FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR) if the aggregate value of the foreign financial accounts exceeds $10,000 USD at any time during the calendar year. We can assist you in determining whether you must file FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR), the financial accounts that must be reported, and in preparing and e-filing the form.

You may be eligible for a reduced rate of tax or a tax exemption by virtue of a U.S. tax treaty. We can determine if this is the case for you and help with preparing the forms commonly used to claim those treaty benefits: W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, W-8ECI, W-8IMY, and Form 8233.

Contact us if you need help filing U.S. tax returns or preparing forms such as FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR).