Home » Services »
Cross-border estate planning made easy.
We can assist families with cross-border ties as they develop an estate plan.
Here are some examples of “cross-border ties”:
- A beneficiary who lives outside Canada
- A beneficiary who lives in Canada but who is a U.S. citizen or green card holder
- A cottage or other real estate located outside Canada
- An interest in a foreign trust
- A large portfolio of U.S. publicly traded securities
- Pension assets located outside of Canada (for example, a U.S. IRA or 401(k) account)
We can work alongside other professionals (like your existing accountant, lawyer and investment advisor) to provide insight into how to manage these foreign connections as you develop an estate plan.
Reach out for professional advice on cross-border estate planning.