Home » Services » Canadians doing business in the U.S.

Personalized advice for Canadian residents doing business in the U.S.

If you’re a Canadian resident doing business in the U.S. (either as an individual or entity), we can assist you in determining the best organizational structure to use for your U.S. operations.

We determine an optimum structure by comparing the total current and future income tax burden associated with various alternative structures. Relevant factors can include:

  • U.S. federal and state income taxes on business income earned in the U.S.
  • U.S. withholding tax on dividends paid by a U.S. corporation to a Canadian shareholder
  • Canadian tax on distributions or dividends from the U.S. business
  • U.S. and Canadian income taxes on the disposition of the business

We’re not able to prepare U.S. corporate tax returns currently due to the complexity of the U.S. federal and state corporate tax system. We can, however, work in tandem with a U.S. accountant to complete the needed compliance, with Unbordered preparing the Canadian compliance and the U.S. accountant preparing the U.S. compliance.

Contact us for tax advice specific to your unique situation.